Auditions for our summer concerts are open. We have seats available for both professional and student musicians.
- Students are instrumentalists from 6th through 12th grade.
- A May 2017 graduation from high school counts as 12th grade.
- Attendance at all rehearsals and performances is required in order to play for the Urbana Pops Orchestra.
- Upon admittance into the group, your parent or guardian will be mailed a packet containing rehearsal information and a contract to be returned prior to the first rehearsal.
- Auditions are online-only. We do not have in-person auditions for students.
- For your your audition, video yourself performing two contrasting etudes on your instrument. The ILMEA audition material, or an excerpt from a contest piece are good places to start.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and provide a link on the audition form (below).
- PRIVACY: Your audition video will not be shared with anyone other than the audition committee. We recommend that you make your video viewable only by those with the link.
To submit a student audition, please use the following form. Contact our Staff Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org with any problems. Thanks for your interest in auditioning for the UPO!
If you are interested in a professional seat with the Urbana Pops Orchestra, please email our Staff Coordinator Chris Petterson at email@example.com.