Auditions for our summer concerts are open. We have seats available for both professional and student musicians.
- Students are instrumentalists from 6th through 12th grade.
- A May 2018 graduation from high school counts as 12th grade.
- Attendance at all rehearsals and performances is required in order to play for the Urbana Pops Orchestra.
- Rehearsals: June 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 at 7:00 pm
- Performances: June 9 at 7:00 pm
- Upon admittance into the group, your parent or guardian will be mailed a packet containing rehearsal information and a contract to be returned prior to the first rehearsal.
- Auditions are online-only. We do not have in-person auditions for students.
- For your your audition, video yourself performing two contrasting etudes on your instrument. The ILMEA audition material, or an excerpt from a contest piece are good places to start.
- Upload your video to YouTube or Vimeo, and provide a link on the audition form (below).
- PRIVACY: Your audition video will not be shared with anyone other than the audition committee. We recommend that you make your video viewable only by those with the link ("Unlisted").
To submit a student audition, please use the following form. Contact our Staff Coordinator at email@example.com with any problems. Thanks for your interest in auditioning for the UPO!
If you are interested in a professional seat with the Urbana Pops Orchestra, please email our Staff Coordinator Chris Petterson at firstname.lastname@example.org.